Broccoli salad is the best because there’s no cooking involved! Fresh broccoli is cut into small florets and tossed with a simple mayonnaise-based dressing. But it’s the stir-ins that make it super fun—namely, the dried cranberries, sharp cheddar cheese, and crunchy smoked almonds. Yes, smoked almonds! Haven’t tried them yet? They have a rich salty-smoky flavor and a nice crunch. You can substitute any roasted salted nut or seed here, but trust us: smoked almonds are the best!
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 c.mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp.apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp.granulated sugar
- 1 tsp.ground black pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 8 c.small broccoli florets
- 1 c.dried cranberries
- 1 c.shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c.smoked almonds, chopped
- 6slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 c.chopped red onion
- 1For the dressing: Whisk together the mayonnaise and vinegar in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in sugar and pepper until combined and set aside.
- 2For the salad: Add the broccoli florets to dressing mixture; stir together to combine. Add the cranberries, cheese, almonds, bacon, and red onion; stir to combine.
- 3Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 days before serving.
Tip: For a lighter version, substitute 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt for 1/2 cup mayonnaise in the dressing, and add 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt.