This salad looks its best when served within an hour of being dressed, but it can be held in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. The vinegar in the salad dressing will dull the green beans bright color, the longer it sits on the salad, but it will still taste delicious!
- 1/4 c.olive oil
- 2 tbsp.red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp.Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp.kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp.ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 lb.green beans, trimmed
- 1/4red onion, sliced
- 1large tomato diced (about 8 oz.)
- 1/2 c.kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 oz.goat cheese
- 1/4 c.chopped roasted salted almonds
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of water over high heat until boiling. Season generously with salt. Add the green beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender, yet still a little crisp. Transfer the cooked beans to a bowl of ice water. Let sit 3 minutes to cool, then drain.
- Combine the green beans, red onion, tomato, olives, and dressing in a large mixing bowl. Gently fold together so that the dressing coats the vegetables. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a platter and top with goat cheese and almonds, if you like.