Fresh thyme is the key to this root vegetable side dish. It’s a savory-sweet and simple carrot recipe that’s perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving, or any holiday occasion.
YIELDS:8 – 10 serving(s)
PREP TIME:20 mins
TOTAL TIME:40 mins
- 1/4 c.olive oil
- 2 lb.carrots, peeled and cut into sticks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 lb.parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tsp.kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp.salted butter
- 1 tbsp.chopped fresh thyme, plus more for topping
- 3 tbsp.honey
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, parsnips, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Cook, gently tossing occasionally, until the carrots and parsnips are tender and golden in spots, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2Reduce the heat to low and add the butter, thyme and 2 tablespoons honey. Toss until the butter is melted and the vegetables are well coated, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon honey and top with more thyme.