Instead of sugar, these carrots are sweetened with natural maple syrup. Add fresh thyme and shallots to make them sweet and savory.
YIELDS:6 – 8
PREP TIME:15 mins
TOTAL TIME:55 mins
- 3 tbsp.salted butter
- 1/3 c.pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp.fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp.coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp.kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp.black pepper
- 2 lb.carrots, halved or quartered lenthwise and cut into 2- to 3-inch sticks
- 4shallots, peeled and cut into wedges through the root
- 2 tbsp.white wine vinegar
- Position a rack in the bottom third of the oven; preheat to 425º.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the maple syrup, thyme, coriander, salt, and pepper. Spread the carrots and shallots on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the butter mixture and toss well. Roast, tossing halfway through, until the carrots are tender and glazed, 35 to 40 minutes.
- While the vegetables are still hot, drizzle with the vinegar and toss well. Transfer to a serving dish.