You don’t want your family to fill up too much before the dinner so keep things light for the appetizers with this healthy spinach dip. You can serve it up with veggie sticks, like peppers, carrots, and celery.
- 10 oz.package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 c.sour cream
- 3/4 c.mayonnaise
- 1garlic clove, grated
- 2scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 oz.jar sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 oz.jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 tsp.Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp.kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp.ground black pepper
- 1 lb.sourdough bread loaf (not sliced), diced into 1″ pieces, for serving
- Assorted raw vegetables, for serving
- Pita chips, for serving
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain in a colander then rinse well under cold water.
- Place the spinach in the center of a lint free kitchen towel. Pull the four sides up to make a bundle and squeeze very well over the sink to remove as much moisture as possible. Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop.
- Stir to combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, scallions, water chestnuts, pimentos, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in the spinach.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with sourdough bread, cut vegetables, and pita chips, if you like.